Swiss Confederation Delegates Visit Ministry of Science and Technology
A high level government delegation of the Swiss Confederation paid visit to the Ministry of Science and Technology of Ethiopia on the 13th of January 2016. The delegation, which consisted of fourteen members, was led by H.E. Dr. Mauro Dell’Ambrogio- State Secretary for Research, Education and Innovation.
H.E. Professor Afework Kassu, State Minister of the Ministry of Science and Technology of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia welcomed the delegates to the Ministry. In his opening speech, H.E. Professor Afework stated that the visit of the delegates is quintessentially a manifestation of the commitment of the government of Switzerland to strengthen the relations between the two countries particularly in the fields of science and technology. He also mentioned that the visit came at a time when the Ministry is fully committed to strengthen its collaborative activities with foreign partners as part of its renewed pledge to take the status of science and technology to a whole new level.
H.E. Dr. Mauro Dell’Ambrogio on his part noted that the visit echoes the belief of the government of Switzerland in valuing international cooperation as a means of sustaining excellence. The State Secretary also pointed out that the composition of the delegation avails itself of the opportunity of cooperation across various fields of activities. Members of the delegation, as representatives of different public institutions, also highlighted the activities of their respective institutions and pointed out areas for cooperation with corresponding Ethiopian institutions.
The meeting was concluded with remarks from both sides that exhibited the hopes of the two parties to see a wider spectrum of cooperation in the coming years.
Thu, Feb 4th 2016
Mon, Feb 1st 2016
Mon, Jan 25th 2016
- Fri, Jan 22nd 2016 Tesla hits the gas on self-driving car tech
- Tue, Jan 5th 2016 Meeting on National of education and training research institution and Industry linkage forum.
Articles Most Read
- 2008 E.C STI Research proposal Submission form and Guideline
- National Science, Technology and Innovation Award given to 241 Researchers, Innovators Teachers and Students for the 4th time
- Memorandum of Understanding Signed to Collaborate in Space Science Activities
- 2008 Biotechnology Product Development Grant Guideline and Application Form
- Application For Talented Young Scientist Program